KTC is hiring research engineers and research scientists to join our team.
The Center is a dynamic organization whose research contributions are relied upon by agencies throughout Kentucky and the United States to strengthen their operations and meet the needs of businesses, motorists, pedestrians, bicyclists, and other transportation system users. Our multimodal research program touches on practically every dimension of transportation. As a member of KTC’s staff you will get to work with a talented group of multidisciplinary researchers on projects whose impacts will be immediately visible and felt by the traveling public. We are recruiting candidates who are passionate about transportation, have an innate sense of curiosity, are excited to build new skills and deepen their expertise, and are committed to public service.
Full Time Positions
Temporary and Part Time Positions
Check back soon, there are no open positions of this type at this time.
Benefits for Full-Time Positions Include:
- Flexible work schedules
- A salary and benefits package whose value exceeds those typically available in the private sector
- Ability to select from health care plans (HMO, PPO, RHP, EPO) as well as dental and vision insurance and prescription coverage
- A 200 percent matching contribution (up to 10%) to Fidelity- and/or TIAA-managed retirement accounts (403b)
- 15 days of vacation, 12 days of sick leave, and 13 paid holidays every year
- Access to the University of Kentucky’s Employee Education Program (EEP), which provides tuition waivers for up to 18 credit hours per academic year
- Access to numerous professional development opportunities. KTC invests in the personal and professional growth of its staff by paying for them to attend local, regional, and national conferences as well as trainings and short courses.
- Opportunities to participate in high-profile transportation research initiatives at the state and national level
- Collaborating with a diverse group of skilled research professionals in a collegial and respectful work environment that prioritizes work-life balance
- Conducting research with the most sophisticated and advanced hardware and software applications currently available
- Opportunities for professional advancement and upward mobility within our organization
- Delivering research that will help transportation agencies nationwide plan, develop, and build roads, highways, and bridges that are more sustainable and resilient
If you want to explore all the benefits UK offers in greater detail, check out the Human Resources page.